Using bullet points, I’m going to give you my (SPOILER FILLED) thoughts on the sequel to an AWESOME classic…‘The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part’!
- The Queen Watevra Wa-Nabi (Tiffany Haddish) song wasn’t ‘Everything is Awesome’ but still funny
- Same goes for that ‘Stuck Inside Your Head’ tune
- Funny Lego Bruce Willis Cameo
- The Rex Dangervest (Chris Pratt) twist is a good one. It doesn’t make sense at points but like they say in the movie, “Just go with it.” So I did
- The end credits song was hilarious
- Made me want another The Lonely Island album
- The movie is enjoyable, clever, creative and funny throughout, but it doesn’t have that fresh, innovative feel as ‘The Lego Movie’
- Also, not as funny and the story isn’t as good
- Getting close to its predecessor was a monumental task so I’m not surprised
- The voice cast was great
- Pratt, who pulled double duty, in particular
- Didn’t think Haddish would be good as a voice actor but I was pleasantly surprised with the job she did
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller created yet another great script
- The duo doesn’t miss
- Can confidently say they are some of the best filmmakers in the business
- The movie delivers another great message but it took some time to really hit because one of the twists at the end jumbled things up and delayed my reaction
To Sum it Up: Not as awesome as its predecessor but everything is still awesome
RATING: Must Own
P.S. I have returned to my rating scale that I used to use but with a slight update. There are four different levels. Below is each level in order from best to worse and what each one means.
Must Own = A movie that is so good that I must add it to my Blu-ray collection when it comes out.
Would Accept as a Gift = I enjoyed the movie but don’t necessarily have to buy it (especially if I don’t have the funds to) myself but I would take it if someone bought it for me.
Might Stream = A movie that if I have the urge to watch again then I’ll just stream it from somewhere
Never See Again = Very simple. I don’t want to ever see this movie again.
(Photo Credit: http://www.pajiba.com/film_reviews/review-the-lego-movie-2-the-second-part-is-a-chip-off-the-old-lego-block.php; https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/02/07/the-lego-movie-2-the-second-part-review)