2018, like every other year, we saw some great performances from different actors, whether in one movie or multiple. Some might have chosen wisely and were apart of different great or successful movies. Whatever criteria you want to put forth, there were plenty of actors who had a great 2018. With that said, I decided to, again, give my top ten actors for the year in what I like to call my 2018 Actor Power Rankings! So simply, below you’ll find the ten actors, from 10 to 1, that I think had the best 2018 for whatever reason. This is all my personal opinion so don’t be surprised or blow a gasket when you don’t see a name that you think should appear because trust me, it’s going to happen. Anyways, so without further ado, here is my 2018 Actor Power Rankings!
10. Melissa McCarthy
- Starred in three movies and I, personally, didn’t think any of them were wack
- ‘Life of the Party’ was surprisingly good and the first movie her and her husband, Ben Falcone, made together that wasn’t an utter cinematic disaster
- Her performance in ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’ got an Oscar nomination and showed she can successfully blend her comedic acting chops with her dramatic side
- Used two well received movies, ‘Blockers’ and ‘Bumblebee’, to show that he can do well in the comedy and action genres and be a successful co-leading man
8. Chris Pratt
- Played a pivotal role in THE event known as ‘Avengers: Infinity War’. His role may have brought some hate but whatever.
- Starred in ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’, which I actually enjoyed more than its super successful predecessor
7. Claire Foy
- Kept busy with three movies and only one was a complete misfire….cough cough….‘The Girl in the Spider’s Web’
- Gave a completely slept on performance in ‘Unsane’
- Got to do a movie with the GREAT Ryan Gosling with ‘First Man’
- Starred as the titular hero in the mega hit/cultural phenomenon ‘Black Panther’
5. Rose Byrne
- Nobody probably saw it but ‘Juliet, Naked’ was great
- Acted comedic circles around Mark Wahlberg in ‘Instant Family’
4. Emily Blunt
- Helped ‘A Quiet Place’ become a great success
- Successfully stepped into the shoes of Mary Poppins in ‘Mary Poppins Returns’….or at least that’s what I’ve heard
- Bodied the many different roles he played in creating this new rendition of ‘A Star is Born’
- Actually was one of the surviving Avengers in ‘Avengers: Infinity War’
2. Josh Brolin
- Helped Thanos live up to his lofty expectations
- Successfully brought Cable to life in ‘Deadpool 2’
1. Michael B. Jordan
- ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER!!!!!!
- ‘Creed II’ wasn’t as awesome as its predecessor but awesome nonetheless
- ‘Fahrenheit 451’ was forgettable but he got to flex his producing chops so that’s something
Alright, there is my 2018 Actor Power Rankings! Comment below with your own list or to tell me how awesome or trash mine was. Hopefully I do this again for 2019 so we can see if we’ll see any of the same faces and what new names will try to dominate 2019.
PREVIOUS: 2017 Actor Power Rankings
(Photo Credit: https://www.moviestruckers.com/news-notizie-cinema/josh-brolin-michael-b-jordan-il-profeta/; COURTESY OF UNIVERSAL PICTURES.; Matt Kennedy/Marvel Studios-Disney via AP; WARNER BROS PICTURES.)