- Starts off with the four leading ladies/friends spitting a short freestyle…nah I’m good on that. Please don’t do that ever again
- Don’t like how Thomas’ (Austin Butler) death was handled
- It was rushed, and I didn’t even know what he was to the main characters up until that point
- They might as well just have said he died without ever introducing him to us
- I thought Chloe (Kathryn Prescott) and Lily (Hale) were related at first
- That added on to my confusion about who exactly Thomas was to them
- When Lily goes off on her friends, she asserts herself as unlikeable
- The movie tries to toss underlying reasons out there for what her deep reasons were for the blowup, but it’s done so in a weak manor
- I thought a twist of Lily actually having a big crush on Chloe was going to arise because of how clingy she was to her, but I was wrong
- Rebecca (Awkwafina) basically had a sort of creepy relationship with a teacher. Um I guess that’s OK
- Even introduced him to her mom right after graduation. Very odd
- Did Lily have daddy issues? The movie would bring it up here and there about him not being in her life, but it never materialized into something big
- Did that have something to do with her barely mentioning being raped?
- No bias but Hale performed well as the uptight control freak Lily
- Her presence was easily the best part even though I didn’t like Lily as a character
- The movie tried but failed at being funny
- To Sum it Up: The message felt like it teased different true meanings just to ultimately give us a wack R rated coming of age teen/friendship story
RATING: Might Stream (only because of Hale)
P.S. I have returned to my rating scale that I used to use but with a slight update. There are four different levels. Below is each level in order from best to worse and what each one means.
Must Own = A movie that is so good that I must add it to my Blu-ray collection when it comes out.
Would Accept as a Gift = I enjoyed the movie but don’t necessarily have to buy it (especially if I don’t have the funds to) myself but I would take it if someone bought it for me.
Might Stream = A movie that if I have the urge to watch again then I’ll just stream it from somewhere
Never See Again = Very simple. I don’t want to ever see this movie again.
(Photo Credit: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3458510/mediaviewer/rm928403200 ;April Dawn – http://www.tracking-board.com/lucy-hale-gets-high-in-high-school-in-netflixs-dude-trailer/)