- Schumer isn’t toothpick skinny but she isn’t fat either. The beginning of this movie will have you think she is a hideous whale the way her character, Renee, is being looked at and treated
- The wish scene at the water fountain was dramatic and corny
- Hilarious “Zero views on Groupdater” moment
- Michelle Williams’ voice in this is very annoying
- Glad the movie ended up recognizing how dumb she sounds
- The movie’s plot revolving around finally looking at yourself as beautiful (no matter how your mind was changed or not) is a good message to send out but it felt weird when people dramatically started looking at Renee like she was crazy for looking at herself that way
- People don’t openly treat “non perfect people” so rudely and disrespectful…or do they?
- Of course, the movie shifts to where Renee starts acting like one of those uppity girls and treating the “regular” people different
- There’s even the typical “treat your friends like crap because you feel like you’re better than them now” scene
- Was hoping it wouldn’t and instead find another way to have some conflict
- This is when the movie trends downward
- The “spell” Renee was under was put into effect and broken in a dumb manner
- Then the way Renee starts acting after it’s broken is just ridiculous
- The movie was actually funny. I didn’t expect it, especially from a PG-13 Schumer movie
- It wasn’t so much so during the scrambled weak third act
- The message is good but it needs a better story
- To Sum it Up: Schumer, once again, showed she is funny but she just has to pick movies with better all-around stories
RATING: Might Stream
P.S. I have returned to my rating scale that I used to use but with a slight update. There are four different levels. Below is each level in order from best to worse and what each one means.
Must Own = A movie that is so good that I must add it to my Blu-ray collection when it comes out.
Would Accept as a Gift = I enjoyed the movie but don’t necessarily have to buy it (especially if I don’t have the funds to) myself but I would take it if someone bought it for me.
Might Stream = A movie that if I have the urge to watch again then I’ll just stream it from somewhere
Never See Again = Very simple. I don’t want to ever see this movie again.
(Photo Credit: Cyrus Langhorne – https://www.sohh.com/amy-schumers-i-feel-pretty-tons-of-jokes-awkwardly-funny-moments-grab-your-free-tix-now/; YOUTUBE)