Using bullet points, I’m going to give you my thoughts on the EVENT of the summer…‘Avengers: Infinity War’!
- Why does Thanos (Josh Brolin) look like Suge Knight to me?
- Even in this movie, the black guy dies first…*cough cough…Heimdall (Idris Elba)
- The fight between the Hulk (Mark Ruffalo) and Thanos is short but quickly shows you how threatening the purple one is
- Hopefully ‘Avengers 4’ gives us a longer one
- The fighting technique was noticeably good which is saying something since the tussle was so short
- I actually jumped (like a big ol’ chicken) when Vision (Paul Bettany) got stabbed
- As if I was watching a James Wan scary movie or something
- Wanda (Elizabeth Olsen) should have easily broken some bones when she basically fell from the sky into the train station during her first encounter with the Children of Thanos
- Wasn’t feeling that Thor (Chris Hemsworth) got an eye back so quickly
- Should have saved it for ‘Avengers 4’ if they wanted him to have 2 two eyes again
- Peter Dinklage’s role as the giant dwarf, Eitri, a little unintentionally (or maybe intentionally) comical
- Didn’t see Gamora (Zoe Saldana) being one of the ones who “died”
- Was surprised to finally see the return of Red Skull (Ross Marquand) especially in the fashion that we got
- Hope we get to see him in a bigger role down the road being more than just a glorified tour guide/Soul Stone explainer
- Wish we could have saw exactly how Thanos got his big purple hands on every single stone
- Or at least it could be cool deleted scenes for the Blu-ray special features
- The balance between the typical MCU movie humor and the dark nature of this story’s circumstances is done perfectly
- Iron Man’s (Robert Downey Jr.) upped assortment of gadgets was cool and all but they seemed to convenient when it came to fighting Thanos
- That ending….man….
- I know probably most of, if not all, the hero’s that perished after Thanos snapped his fingers will come back to life in ‘Avengers 4’ but I’ve been so invested in these movies that it still shook me; Especially watching Spider-Man (Tom Holland) and Groot (Vin Diesel) wither away
- Maybe Marvel shouldn’t have announced what movies are coming out after this to, kind of, make it a surprise if the “dead” heroes will come back to life or not
- Little kids (and even grown people) probably feel more comfortable with knowing that, ultimately, they will get to see some of their favorite heroes back on the big screen in the future no matter what happened in this one
- Holland gave an award worthy performance during Spider-Man’s improvised death scene
- When Thanos called Wanda “my child”, I instantly thought of Brolin and Olsen in ‘Oldboy’
- If you saw that movie then you know why that popped in my head
- How the Russo Brothers made the feel of each hero’s vibe be on display when they were on the screen was dope
- That includes how they handled the score too
- They brought the individuality from each hero’s movie in here and then merged everybody into the ‘Infinity War’ vibe
- Maaan, this was a workout of a movie, for the mind and the heart
- Wait, no this was an EVENT
- Action packed and funny like I expect from the MCU movies
- Every group in the movie were funny and apart of great action moments
- Thanos was a great, brutal villain who was basically a humanitarian
- Can’t wait for ‘Avengers 4’ and the surprises it’ll bring…even though I keep reading rumored plot leaks that all sound like the could easily be true
- My ‘Captain Marvel’ anticipation has raised thanks to the end credit scene and what it means regarding her importance
- Some of the transitions between scenes felt abrupt
- To Sum it Up: This LONG awaited EVENT lived up to the gigantic hype even though it ended on a serious mood killer
RATING: Must Own
P.S. I have returned to my rating scale that I used to use but with a slight update. There are four different levels. Below is each level in order from best to worse and what each one means.
Must Own = A movie that is so good that I must add it to my Blu-ray collection when it comes out.
Would Accept as a Gift = I enjoyed the movie but don’t necessarily have to buy it (especially if I don’t have the funds to) myself but I would take it if someone bought it for me.
Might Stream = A movie that if I have the urge to watch again then I’ll just stream it from somewhere
Never See Again = Very simple. I don’t want to ever see this movie again.
(Photo Credit: https://bgr.com/2018/05/07/avengers-infinity-war-box-office-billion/; MATT GOLDBERG – http://collider.com/infinity-war-ending-explained/; Chelsea Steiner – https://www.themarysue.com/avengers-infinity-war-cast-found-out-ending-while-stuck-in-a-van/)