Using bullet points, I’m going to give you my thoughts on the last effort from a filmmaker I’m not to fond of…‘Isle of Dogs’!
- How did Atari not die in the crash, especially with that piece of metal in his head?
- I know this movie is PG-13 but I was still taken aback by some of its darker elements
- I was somewhat entertained by this for like 30 minutes but after that I was over it and noy in the mood to watch something like this
- The theater I was in didn’t feel the same as they were laughing hysterically throughout
- The dry humor was funny at times, especially with the help of the animal specific humor, but it seems like chunks of my interest were sacrificed with every chuckle that I let out
- I’ve come to finally realize that Wes Anderson’s work just doesn’t mix well with me
- Has an odd, off-beat nature to it that I appreciate, because it goes against the norm, but also can say ran its course way before the end credits rolled
- The voice cast is all-star but even their star power couldn’t help the product on screen for me
- Maybe I’d like this movie better if it was a short film
- To Sum it Up: This isn’t a bad movie and I laughed at a few different times throughout but it just isn’t for me
RATING: Never See Again
P.S. I have returned to my rating scale that I used to use but with a slight update. There are four different levels. Below is each level in order from best to worse and what each one means.
Must Own = A movie that is so good that I must add it to my Blu-ray collection when it comes out.
Would Accept as a Gift = I enjoyed the movie but don’t necessarily have to buy it (especially if I don’t have the funds to) myself but I would take it if someone bought it for me.
Might Stream = A movie that if I have the urge to watch again then I’ll just stream it from somewhere
Never See Again = Very simple. I don’t want to ever see this movie again.
(Photo Credit: http://spotlightreport.net/movies/first-trailer-for-wes-andersons-isle-of-dogs; Fox Searchlight / Everett)