Using bullet points, I’m going to give you my thoughts on a movie that plays like a pop culture bomb exploded on screen…‘Ready Player One’!
- The first Copper key race was destructively great to start things out
- It was so destructive, and filled with famous characters or vehicles, that it was funny
- There was a funny Clark Kent glasses and identity reference
- Wasn’t expecting the stuff that went on in the scene that was a big ol ‘The Shinning’ reference since this seems like a family adventure movie
- I wouldn’t have chosen T.J. Miller to be the voice of the hitman esque character to the main villain but luckily, he was meant to be funny so it worked
- There’s many cool characters and pop culture references but how in the world did this movie acquire the rights to all that stuff
- In the end, there were many pieces to the plot that had to be resolved that when the end came, I kept forgetting about them.
- To me, that caused the end to be prolonged
- Good combination of fun and adventure throughout
To Sum it Up: It was fun like I expected it would be
RATING: Would Accept as a Gift
P.S. I have returned to my rating scale that I used to use but with a slight update. There are four different levels. Below is each level in order from best to worse and what each one means.
Must Own = A movie that is so good that I must add it to my Blu-ray collection when it comes out.
Would Accept as a Gift = I enjoyed the movie but don’t necessarily have to buy it (especially if I don’t have the funds to) myself but I would take it if someone bought it for me.
Might Stream = A movie that if I have the urge to watch again then I’ll just stream it from somewhere
Never See Again = Very simple. I don’t want to ever see this movie again.
(Photo credit: https://www.digitaltrends.com/movies/ready-player-one-movie-photo/; Warner Bros.)