Using bullet points, I’m going to give you my thoughts on a movie that was shot with an iPhone…‘Unsane’!
- Matt Damon loves to make surprise cameos in movies lately
- Look for him in this and (hidden in plain sight) in ‘Deadpool 2’
- How can the facility Sawyer (Claire Foy) is in, be so careless when it comes to not knowing what David (Joshua Leonard) was doing to her in there?
- I thought the movie was going to be a psychological thriller all the way through
- Meaning it would be playing with your mind about if Sawyer is crazy or not
- At first, I was disappointed that the movie wasn’t this type of thriller all the way through but became cool with it once I saw that the story got more entertaining
- How did David get a job, with a lot of access, where Sawyer ended up getting admitted into?
- Foy did an incredible job portraying a character who is fighting the crazy label but might just be crazy…or is she?
- I actually liked how the director used an iPhone 7 Plus to shoot the movie more than I expected to
- It gave a personal feel and a feeling of almost like you’re in the characters mind
- It also felt like something was off around them which worked for this “scary” thriller
- Felt somewhat like a cool documentary because the movie was letting us in on real life issues with psychiatric facilities all while using familiar documentary style directing techniques
- To Sum it Up: Instead of making this an artsy smart psychological thriller that leaves you making guesses throughout the movie of what’s going on, we only get that halfway through. Then we get a simpler girl and stalker joint and that balance made for a better movie
RATING: Would Accept as a Gift
P.S. I have returned to my rating scale that I used to use but with a slight update. There are four different levels. Below is each level in order from best to worse and what each one means.
Must Own = A movie that is so good that I must add it to my Blu-ray collection when it comes out.
Would Accept as a Gift = I enjoyed the movie but don’t necessarily have to buy it (especially if I don’t have the funds to) myself but I would take it if someone bought it for me.
Might Stream = A movie that if I have the urge to watch again then I’ll just stream it from somewhere
Never See Again = Very simple. I don’t want to ever see this movie again.
(Photo credit: Bleecker Street Media; HANNAH SHAW-WILLIAMS – https://screenrant.com/unsane-movie-ending-explained/)