Using bullet points, I’m going to give you my thoughts on a movie based off of a video game franchise that should probably just be left as a video game franchise from now on…‘Tomb Raider’!
- Why did they feel the need to tell us that Laura’s (Alicia Vikander) dad died/went missing seven years ago so many times? We got it after the first few mentions
- Maybe they were trying to tell us that her dad was going to actually show up later on….(*watches the rest of the movie)…and yep, that’s what happened. Great foreshadowing guys smh
- I hate when plot macguffins have a hard to say foreign name
- No disrespect, I’m just saying the movie loss points with me for that
- Some of the effects moments looked like they were pulled straight from the video games
- Meaning, they looked very computer generated
- I.E. When Laura falls from the destroyed plane and is in the air with a parachute
- The trek through the tomb towards the end could have been quicker
- There were some cool scenes of non-combative action
- Vikander was cool as Laura Croft.
- I like hers better than Angelina Jolie’s version so I’m going to just say that she did a better job
- Vikander’s video game movie was better than her husband’s, Michael Fassbender, ‘Assassin’s Creed’
- So she kind of has bragging rights now
- To Sum it Up: An average action movie that doesn’t make me change my mind about video game movies…though it was better than recent ones
RATING: Might Stream
P.S. I have returned to my rating scale that I used to use but with a slight update. There are four different levels. Below is each level in order from best to worse and what each one means.
Must Own = A movie that is so good that I must add it to my Blu-ray collection when it comes out.
Would Accept as a Gift = I enjoyed the movie but don’t necessarily have to buy it (especially if I don’t have the funds to) myself but I would take it if someone bought it for me.
Might Stream = A movie that if I have the urge to watch again then I’ll just stream it from somewhere
Never See Again = Very simple. I don’t want to ever see this movie again.
(Photo Credit: http://www.pajiba.com/film_reviews/tomb-raider-movie-review-new-lara-croft-same-disappointment-.php; CLARA MAE – https://nerdist.com/tomb-raider-movie-women-of-color/)